Saturday, January 12, 2008

Little Mo-Mo...or my Grand Daughter is here!!


Yesterday at 1:25:13pm CST I became a Grandma. If you don't believe me, ask any of the tellers at two credit unions. My Girlfriends and a host of other people I encountered yesterday. LOL.

I've never been present when a new life enters the world. Well aside from when my beautiful baby boy came, and to be honest, I wanted to be any where else in the world at that moment.

Anyone who has ever watched their grandchild enter the world, and then held it for the first time, definitely knows the elation and the overwhelming feeling of love that takes your breath away. When I looked down into that perfect little face, it was liked being sucked into a vacuum. There was no sound other than that of her breathing, nothing else existed in the world for me except her. My heart which was already filled love, swelled to even greater proportions.

It's like the love you have for your newborn child but more intense, because it's your child's child.

While her maternal grandmother held her I looked over her shoulder and started speaking softly to her. This 8lb 11 oz, 20 inch miracle of life turned towards the sound of my voice, opened her eyes, and as I gazed into them, my heart went "thunk". I heard and felt it. It was as soft as the sound of rain on grass, and shook my world like a 10 point earthquake.

CJ, as I promised your Daddy when I held him. You will know God and appreciate the miracles that only He can do. I'll love you unconditionally until beyond eternity, tell you jokes that make you groan, tell you every day how much I love you, hug and kiss you every opportunity I get, and although we will clash from time to time, it's the action that I either don't understand or don't like, you I adore.

Cee....no where near Level.

No comments: