Saturday, January 05, 2008

Family, the next generation


Lauryn, Nicky, Jordan, Nimah, Trevor






I can't believe it! My cousins and I are no longer the "kids" in the family. We are our parents, and our children are the kids. Our parents are the elders. Time does indeed march on, whether we are paying attention or not.



As you know from my earlier post, I'm on the verge of becoming a grandmother. I'm so excited. I harass AES daily about her holding my baby hostage in her womb. It's a joke in our family because the due date keeps changing. Every time she goes for a doctor visit they tell her she's 37.5 weeks pregnant. Even she's beginning to believe CJ will arrive sometime in 2012. I feel for the kid, as she's been cramping off and on for the last month. She is a good sport about it though, not complaining, and still keeping a sense of humor about it. I think that will end if next Saturday, (the latest due date), there's no baby in her arms. Can't say I blame her.

If I must say so myself, I did a good job raising JB. He's a responsible, contributing member of society who counts God, family and high moral values among as "given" when talking about his life. He also believes it's everyone's duty to vote, help people in need, and play video games on Saturdays....after cartoons of course.

They make a good pair, JB and AES, CJ will have the best parents in the world, coached of course by me!

God bless,

Cee...level

No comments: