Wednesday, March 17, 2010

When I think of successful marriages



My Grandparents come to mind.  I listen to the stories my Aunts and Mom tell about growing up, and the "issues" that occurred.  I know it wasn't perfect, but to be able to remain married for 63 years is truly a triumph.

I remember being in college and thinking even then, I want what Granma and Granpa have.    Perhaps that's why I never married?  I can honestly say that I never felt either of the two gentlemen who proposed marriage would be able to follow though on the promise of growing and building something that would span generations.

The first picture was taken at a birthday celebration for my Granpa.  We all gathered at City Island in the Bronx.  This was one of the many, many happy times that make up my past.

The second picture was taken at the 50th wedding anniversary celebration for my Grandparents.

Wishing for you the same happiness and commitment to each other that Catherine and Arnold had.



Be blessed,

No comments: