Tuesday, December 02, 2008

My Old ladies. Y'all missed out by not having them in your lives.

A friend of mine sent a link to me. It was an interview with Bill Withers before his induction into the WV Hall of Fame. The man is still easy on the eye, and his voice can still envelop you. I didn't know he was from WV, but I digress. His song "Grandma's Hands" has always made me think of my Great Grandma, and Grandma's rolled up into one.

Agnes S., Catherine W., Frances S. and Emily K. Women who walk in and out of my mind frequently. I love you all so much. The knowledge that I'll never be loved up by you has me fighting back tears as I type. If my Fuss loves me 1/4 as much as I love you ladies, then I will have been a success as a Grandma.

"Grandma's hands
Used to hand me piece of candy
Grandma's hands
Picked me up each time I fell
Grandma's hands
Boy, they really came in handy"

My blessings started with them.

No comments: