Sunday, December 07, 2008

The yesterday is gone, and today but a few minutes old.


it was a long, exhausting day. I can't believe my feet hurt, despite wearing socks and comfortable sneakers. Got a lot done, still a lot to be done.

Writing that sentence, and looking around my unkempt living room reminds me of a story I read once. It was about a man who had an intellectually challenged wife. He told her that she had to get everything ready because the holidays were coming. Lo and behold two men knock on the door. She asks them if they were the Holidays. I forget the middle of the story, but I do remember that the man returns home from work to find his entire house devoid of furniture and food.

It's a story that pops into my mind when I hear people say they're getting ready for the holidays.

But I digress.

I ended my day by sitting in front of a blazing fire with Princess sleeping on her bed. No one rang the phone, or knocked on the door. It was a great evening...even if I did partially burn the ground turkey for the lasagna.

I'm blessed with a place to live and food to eat (scorched parts and all). In these very hard economic times, I pray that you can say the same.

Be blessed,

No comments: