Monday, December 08, 2008

Spoke with Elizabeth

We haven't had a good chat in 9.5 years! Anyone listening in would have never guessed it. LOL. We picked up where we left off like we spoke last night. It was wonderful letting my hair down Brooklyn style.

I really do miss my friend. She sustained me though the early, difficult days of single parenthood. Our children were friends, hitting the same challenges and milestones around the same time. A hug was never far away. Cuddling each other's child when they needed it was not only safe, but our boys expected whomever was near to provide them comfort. My son still says "droove" because as he would say "my attorney" says its a word.

I remember to this day, the first time I saw Elizabeth. I remember thinking she's the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I was right, her inner beauty has far eclipsed her outer beauty, and that's saying something.

Once again, I'm reminded of how very blessed I am.

Once again, I am praying you can say the same.


No comments: