Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tuesday August 26th, 2008

Here I am, more than 1/2 way home, and I really miss my Auntie. While driving to dinner last night she told me of the time she and my uncle drove to Georgia to see Uncle Kenny graduate from Moorehouse. She described what it was like having to drive straight thru from NY and back again. The only time my uncle would only fill up the car was at stations that would allow them to use the bathroom. She said she didn't breathe easy until she hit 34th Street in NYC.

Last week I sat on the lanai and saw the ducks, geese and pelicans walk across their back yard. They have a beautiful house in the South. Something she would never have thought to imagine owning.


Today I drove over the Suwanee River, and past Jellystone Park, home of Yogi and Boo-Boo. I saw eagles soar! It was beautiful to behold.

I am so in awe of all that God's created, and each time I drive the roads, the scenery always takes my breath away. Today, more so than any other day, the possibility of a Black Man in the white house strikes a chord so deep in me that words fail me.


Be blessed,

No comments: