Thursday, August 14, 2008

On the road again.....


While I was with my family in Chicago in June, it was brought home to me just how much my "Rocks" have been worn smooth with time. My cousins and I tease each other about being our parent's age, but seeing my Aunts/Uncles are now my Grandparent's ages shook me to the core. So much of who I am and the pitfalls I've avoided are by the Grace of God, and was His beneficence which put these people in my life.

I've got time, a few dollars and Gloria is road ready. I'm going to spend time with myself, some audio books, and Sirius radio on the drive down. I'm going to go into Leslie's room, touch her things, and think about the great times we had. I'm not going to dwell on how much I miss her, or the fact the hole her passing has left in my heart is still as big. I'm going to sit on the lanai, read, write, look for work, and swim but most importantly, I'm going to love up on my Aunt Arnoline and Uncle Tommy until they beg me to stop!

Family is what it's all about. Don't ever forget it! Yeah, they drive me crazy, I wanna put them over my knee and give them a whuppin, and there are times I do bite into my pillow and scream with frustration but Lord knows I love my family. Ya know what the best part of it is? The feeling is mutual.

Despite what they say, I'm not responsible for one grey or white hair, nor their baldness. It was the other cousins. I'm innocent!

Ya'll sitting here writing this has once again taken my breath away with the love I feel for them. God is so very, very good to me on the regular. I sincerely hope that you can say the same about your life, and those in it. If not, then get out there and find your blessings. He's got them for you. I know it!

Be blessed,

No comments: