Saturday, May 24, 2008

Parenting does not mean enabling

A very good friend of mine pulled my coat tail this morning. I told her of my frustration with Fuss' parents. After almost 7 months of co-habitation, they are still "playing house". I told her of my efforts to help them get on their feet both financially and by being emotionally supportive. Lord knows there are times I want to tell them both to piss off and stop sucking the life out of me. However the "Mom" in me has battled with not wanting them to go without.

Make no mistake I love them, and I know they love me, but at some point, they started taking advantage. This past 48 hours has put an end to that...for good.

Thank you AM, our talk has put things in perspective, and just like they had to be shown unprotected sex can result in pregnancy, they are about to learn the lesson of tough love.

On this I stand firm, no more Ms. Nice Mommy.

Still blessed,

Cee....once again, Level

No comments: