Monday, August 23, 2010

Life is truly amazing

This weekend showed me again, just when you think you know something, it's not so.

Let's start with Saturday:

A very dear friend of mine has a fear of driving long distances on the interstate.  For years, she'd say she was coming, and would later recant.  Well I thought that this weekend would be more of the same.  So instead of cleaning for company, I did the opposite. I took the house apart (moved furniture, cleaned out cabinets) in general made a huge mess of the place.  Well lo and behold, guess who made it down the interstate!  So I had her over in a topsy turvy house.  We later went to see another GF that I'm ashamed to say I hadn't seen in 2 years, despite living 10 minutes away. I'm so damned proud of my Maris, I still break out in a smile when I think about it.

Moving on to Sunday:

Have been talking via cyberspace and Ma Bell to an old friend from 30 years ago. We met my freshman year in college. We would stay up all night talking about many different topics.  After two months we  started "seeing" each other.  When I didn't return for my sophomore year, we lost contact.  Reconnected 30 years later via Facebook, and it was as if we had just talked the day before.  We still talk about any and everything under the sun. Yesterday, we finally got to see one another F2F.  No tension  or nervousness.  It was a great day.  Ain't Facebook amazing?!

It's days like the past two that let me know just how truly blessed I am.

Hope you can say the same,

 

No comments: