Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Personal Mission Statements

I've been thinking about this writing one for myself for a while. Prior to PDA's I was an avid user of the the Franklin Planner. It would talk about the purpose of mission statements and how to incorporate them into your life. Of course, I didn't pay attention then.

A few of the things that I learned is that a mission statement forces you to think about life, not just the superficial but the substantial. It should also clarify the purpose of your life.

It forces you to express in a concise method, your deepest values and goals

Your values and goals are supposed to be an integral part of you rather than something you only think about occasionally.


Also, it's supposed to be part of you daily/weekly/monthly plan, so its always in front of you.

Whew, sounds like I've bitten off a lot. Now I just have to figure out how to start. Gonna have to do some research on this.

Cee...level

No comments: