Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Something is moving me forward

I have approximately 80 college credits. Yep 80 from 6 different universities in 5 different cities/states, and then I stopped cold 12 years ago. I've been thinking off and on about going back, filled out an online application, ordered a copy of a transcript. That's as far as it went. For some reason, I'm moving forward. Not only have I completed the application, I paid up a past due fee, ordered all my transcripts, and yes even spoke with a counselor. I'm a procrastinator, BIG TIME. Yet today when something had to be signed and mailed, and I found myself w/o a stamp, I left the office, drove to the post office and not only purchased a stamp, but paid the extra 70 cents for delivery confirmation.

Not sure what is propelling me forward, but I know that I'm moving in that direction, even when I don't feel like moving. Perhaps this is the time that I'll finish this college thing I started a few months after turning 17? I have to admit, the prospect of a BA or BS in Business isn't all that appealing, as I've become disillusioned after working in several fields for the past 29 years. However, it's a beginning of the ending, and it needs to be completed.

Should I decide to go for the MA, I'll chose another field....not sure what, but probably not Business Administration/Management. Maybe something exotic like Global Whoseys in Whatizdiggit.

I clearly remember a 14 wanting to be an attorney who represented children's rights. Well, I am at least doing part of that as a Child Advocate. Is it something I would do full time? Hell is it something I can AFFORD to do full time without adding a lottery winning ticket?

So let's see where this leads me. I'm intrigued, and excited, not apprehensive in the least. In the past when this force has persistently moved me, the outcome has been more than positive.

Hoping you have a good force moving you in the positive.

Stay blessed,


No comments: