Friday, May 27, 2011

Another Chapter

So I was sitting at my desk, paying company bills in SAP, and next thing I knew I had completed an admission application for college. 45 minutes later, I had spoken to two admissions counselors and started the process of transcript gathering.

Later that night, I came home and began setting up the office to function as a classroom as well. (I'm taking online classes.) I'm hoping to finish my BS in under two years, and then....we'll see.

I've been stagnant these past few months. Aside from one case for Child Advocates, and sponsoring different people for different charitable efforts, I've not done much community service. I think I'm feeling that it's time to achieve some of the dreams I have for myself. Serious weight loss and attention to my health, and the completion of my degree are two goals I've had for the last 10 years. Well, as my Granma would say, "Piss or get off the pot".

I'm sure working full time, making time to exercise, and being the logistician for the Global Women's Leadership Forum, having an exponentially growing business, and sharing my living space with my partner and a Great Dane will present challenges. I even more sure I've no idea of the challenges. However, I finally feel that I can meet these things head on and triumph.

Keep me in your prayers.


Be blessed

No comments: