Monday, January 19, 2009

By His Grace and Mercy, in a few hours

I will be a witness to history being made. I can't help but remember all those who gave their lives for this moment. In particular, I'm remembering my loved ones who are no longer here to see the dream come true. It is for them, my Grand daughter and for America that I cast my vote on November 7, 2007.

President Elect Obama, I pray you have the strength, wisdom, compassion and the courage of your convictions to steer the ship of state with a steady hand, I also pray that no weapon formed against you prosper.

Once again I am blessed,

1 comment:

ruthibel said...

Happy inauguration!! I am happy to the 44th power!! :-D I've been grinning like an idiot all day... nonsensically, hysterically, because I'm happy to the 44th power!

I'm too young to even begin to imagine the euphoria of the lucky people who saw MLK's 'I Have A Dream' speech live. And I've always envied those persons who lived through some of the most awe-inspiring, and historically significant events in black history. But now (!!), I'm getting my own little piece of history, and it is not something as grotesque and saddening as the 9/11 bombing... It's actually one of 'those' moments. One of those events that I have heretofore only read about: I will not lose even a second of it... I am drinking it all in with heady, intoxicating pride, because twenty years from now, I will be one of those people who saw it happen... teehee!! I'm finally in on one of history's big secrets... I too now have the inside scoop, and can tell other people that I saw it happen! I watched it live!!

I seriously hope though, that people realise how human Barack Obama is. As much as we'd love to think it, he is not the Almighty Messiah. He is still just a man. And what's more, he's inherited the biggest mess in US history! It will take a whole lot more than moving speeches and lofty ideals to fix that!! I really hope people realise this (and I say this sadly because I already know that many don't).